Hjem - En liten bakeblogg med mine små og store prosjekt.

søndag 9. mai 2010

Birthday cake

Another birthday came up and we were asked to fix dessert for tonight as a birthday present. That gave me the chance to try and bake another sugarpaste cake!

Tried making it purple by mixing red and blue, but getting a good color out of it didn't work out to great. May just be that I didn't have the patient for it tho. Anyways, made some new white sugarpaste for the top, and took some pink from the freezer to make the decorations. I also bought some green marzipan for leaves.

Made roses, flowers, leaves and butterfly (finally found butterfly cutters!!) and wrote her name on it. It turned out pretty nice actually, but i think I'll try making the roses shorter next time, or maybe I'll make more of a flower bouquet..or a ribbon. Haven't tried that yet either. After this picture was taken I also made a border around the bottom of the cake (not the dots, I switched them). Also had another butterfly on it. =P I'll get a picture of it in here later.


I made a chocolate cake, with chocolate filling with some strawberry bits in it. Under the sugarpaste i had a mocha filling.

People said it was good, so I will assume it was and that they didn't just say it to be nice. I thought it was good at least. =P A bit "heavy", so maybe I'll try a vanilla filling or something next time. Hmm.. We will see.

It seems I always get less time to make these cakes than I need, so I never get to do quite what I want or get enough time to think through what i really want to do. Oh, well.

Also, it seems like all my cakes are pink. Hehe. ^^ (the secret cake I've written about earlier wasn't tho!). This time it became pink cause the purple didn't work out and I had pink in the freezer from the purse-cake. Was easier to just unfreeze that than to make a new batch of sugarpaste.

Edit:

A bit blurry cause its taken with a mobile phone.

1 kommentar:

  1. kjempeflott kake du har bakt/laga! :D den va kjempefin! :)

    SvarSlett