Hjem - En liten bakeblogg med mine små og store prosjekt.

tirsdag 20. april 2010

Chocolate muffins and sugarpaste

Baked twice now since the last entry.

First I tried out my mini cake mold. The recipe was reduced quite a bit, and it was reduced to a perfect amount too, so yay! Made a chocolate cake, and I wanted to try out sugarpaste (for the first time) to have on top. Since it was my first try it didnt turn out perfectly, but it went ok. Tried doing everything I've read i should do, but I still found it to stick to the table, and crumbs from the cake sneaked its way in there, and it seemed to crack up a bit as I worked with it. So a lot of work, but thats probably just cause I hadnt ever done it before. So hopefully with a bit of practice I will do better eventually. Between the cake and the sugarpaste I had butter cream.


The cake was tasty, but the decorating needs a lot of practice. And since the practice mold is so small, we wont end up with massive amounts of cake that we wont be able to eat either. ^^


Yesterday (monday) I baked chocolate muffins! Ante helped me. These where chocolate muffins, with chocolate frosting and home made roses and leaves as decoration. =P Those where made in marzipan. Was the first time ever I tried making flowers as well, so it was less then perfect. Hehe. ^^ And they couldn't get too big either since they were gonna be on muffins and not a cake. It was fun to have tried it out tho, and I will try it again!



There were yummie! I did tho realise that i need to by a muffin plate thingy, to put the muffin cups into when baking them. This is to prevent them from widening too much from the weight of the mixture. Took about an hour to make and bake the muffins.

But in short; I am really pleased with the results!

1 kommentar: